VoteVets Field Director
Position: Field Director
Reports to: Chair and Executive Leadership
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Started in 2006, VoteVets and VoteVets Action Fund have been the home for progressive veterans, military families, and their civilian supporters for nearly two decades. It is the first organization of its kind and the largest, with over one and a half million supporters in all 50 states. VoteVets uses public issue campaigns to relentlessly lift up the voices of veterans on matters of national security, veterans’ care, and everyday issues that affect the lives of those who served, and their families.
VoteVets has been helping veterans and national security experts win elected office at the Federal, state and local levels since its inception. Prior to VoteVets’ existence, conservatives and Republicans were viewed as the pro-military, pro-security party, for decades. Through our award-winning, blunt ads, and relentless work in the field, VoteVets helped change that dynamic, with the help of the amazing candidates it supports.
Now, some of the best known veteran elected officials in America are Democrats. Swing districts and states are now in play because VoteVets candidates and messaging are able to reach swing voters in a way that others cannot.
The Field Director is responsible for creating, running, and evaluating a national field program in multiple state and federal districts, as well as year round field activities. This senior-level position will work closely with our Field Team and Data Director to develop strategic investments, and Executive Leadership to build, implement, and maintain a field organization plan that meets our organizational goals.
The Field Director will maintain and grow our volunteer base, and help activate and connect grassroots activists to our resources to further meet the organizational goals. This position may need to build and manage teams of volunteers, staff, and consultants on state and federal levels.
Qualifications and skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of voter files, targeting, and Votebuilder (VAN);
- Extensive knowledge of the common suite of organizing tools, such as peer-to-peer texting and relational organizing tactics;
- Ability to synthesize field data and assemble anecdotes from the field to assist fundraising efforts and programmatic development;
- Experience drafting scripts, field plans, including budgets for, and managing multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative and safe work environment while resolving conflicts and maintaining positive working relationships;
- Experience managing, supporting, and training volunteers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management, and organizational skills;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed;
- While military experience (in a military or civilian capacity) is not required, ideal candidates would have an understanding of the technicalities of military service, as well as the military and veterans’ culture.
The salary for this full-time position is commensurate with experience. Our competitive benefits package includes paid vacation, sick, and personal leave, health and dental insurance stipend (100%), and a 401k program including an employer match.
Please submit the items listed below to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
- List of three references
Veterans, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
VoteVets is an inclusive and welcoming workplace and recognizes diversity as a strategic asset to our team and our mission.
This position is available immediately. Applications are being accepted now and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.